Pediatric orthopedics deals with congenital and acquired diseases and malpositions of the musculoskeletal system and treats infants, toddlers and adolescents as outpatients and inpatients. Of course, a parent can stay by their child's side during an inpatient stay. Our parent-child rooms are available for this purpose.
In our pediatric orthopedic department, we treat orthopedic clinical pictures from head to toe. These include congenital deformities of the feet or hip joint in infants, as well as developmental disorders that develop during the course of growth, e.g. bow legs or knock knees, bone cysts or exostoses, deformities of the joints or a curved spine.
- Congenital clubfoot, sickle foot, flat foot - plaster redression according to Ponseti
- congenital hip maturation disorders in the course of the U-examination
- habitual pointed foot gait, bent flat foot position
- Botox therapy for muscle shortening
- Perthes disease - aseptic bone necrosis of the hip
- Difference in length of the legs
- post-traumatic deformities of the leg axes
- juvenile bone cysts
- multiple exostosis disease
- scoliosis, M.Scheuermann, kyphosis of the spine
- joint diseases like cartilage-bone defects - osteochondral defects
- dislocations of the patella - habitual or traumatic dislocations of the patella or congenital disc menisci